Gambling Awareness Trust;
Gambling Awareness Trust is an Independent charity. Our core objective is to establish and manage a charitable fund with which to finance services that help the prevention and treatment of problem gambling in Ireland.
Gambling Awareness Trust is a grant-making and distribution body, not a service-provider. We work in partnership with other organisations, agencies and experts to help reduce and prevent gambling-related harm.
At Gambling Awareness Trust we look to all those who profit from commercial gambling for financial support.
Gambling Awareness Trust administers and funds the online resource GamblingCare.ie. This website offers support and information to those who are concerned about their own or another person’s gambling. By raising awareness of gambling-related harm we hope to help people make informed decisions about their gambling, understand and recognise problem gambling and know where to seek help.
GAT Mission Statement;
The Gambling Awareness Trust is an Independent charity that has been set up to establish and operate a charitable fund which will fund gambling addiction counselling, prevention, education, research and awareness services in Ireland.
- Ensuring approved, relevant and competent service providers have funding to provide addiction counselling, education and gambling awareness services in Ireland
- Commission and supervise comprehensive research in the area of gambling addiction and services available in Ireland, including an Irish Gambling Prevalence report
- Ensure GAT operates to the highest Governance standards
- Raise awareness of Responsible gambling and ensure people who choose to gamble make informed and sensible choices
- Raise awareness and increase the availability of problem gambling service providers
- Integrity – We will act in an honest and consistent manner in everything that we do. The integrity of our members will be visible through our actions, words, decisions, methods, and outcomes. We will never compromise the truth.
- Accountability – We are committed to being fully accountable and transparent about how financial donations to the Trust are used and to ensuring all funds are being applied effectively to help prevent and overcome gambling addiction.
- Collaboration – We will passionately work with all stakeholders and will strive collectively to achieve the highest levels of professional excellence.
- Equality – We believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honouring each person;
- Respect: We treat our board members, partners, service providers and suppliers with mutual respect and sensitivity, recognizing the importance of diversity. We respect all individuals and value their contributions.