Gambling Awareness Trust (GAT) is an Independent charity established in 2019 to fund research, education and treatment services to help minimise gambling related harm in Ireland. GAT is administered by a voluntary Board of Trustees and is funded by donations from the online and retail betting and gaming industry in Ireland.
GAT opened a call for expressions of interest from relevant agencies and organisations in 2019 to address the issue of problem gambling and gambling addiction for individuals and families across Ireland. (Details of grantees can be viewed on our website.) In addition to this a significant research project was commissioned with NUI Maynooth as a scoping exercise to examine the knowledge base and evidence of gambling and problem gambling in Ireland, which is currently ongoing. The www.GamblingCare.ie website is managed by GAT and was created to broaden public understanding of responsible gambling and as a measure to help those that develop problems, or those who are affected by someone that has developed a gambling problem to get the support and help that they need quickly and effectively.
Services providing supports for those affected by problem gambling and gambling addiction are eligible to apply for funding. Applications for projects focused on education, training and awareness in the field will be considered in this round.
GAT will accept expressions of interest from those service providers committed to providing professional services including but not exclusive of:
- Provision of phone counselling services 7 days a week and out of hours
- Provision of face-to-face counselling sessions Nationwide
- Promotion of general public awareness-raising
- Provision of education, early intervention and prevention measures
- Provision of relapse prevention services
- Provision of online supports with self-help and mutual aid initiatives
- The undertaking of a National gambling research & prevalence study
Closing date for submissions is Friday July 17th, 2020 at 5pm.
The call for expressions of interest is now closed.